|Spicy Boti Poriyal (Spicy Mutton Tripe Gravy)|
- 1 Boti (Mutton Tripe) – cleaned and washed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp fennel powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
To Grind :
- 2 small sized onions
- 1 tomato
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 20 curry leaves
- Clean boti and wash it properly. Chop into small pieces. Pressure cook with little turmeric powder and 1/2 cup water for 15-20 whistles. Meanwhile, grind all the ingredients under “To Grind” to smooth paste adding little water if needed. Keep it aside.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Heat oil in a kadhai and tamper mustard seeds.
- Add chopped onions and fry for 2 mins. Add ginger-garlic paste and chopped tomatoes.
- Mash the pulp. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and fennel powder.
- Cook for few mins. Add cooked boti with water, ground paste and salt to taste. Cook it covered till the gravy thickens and oil separates. Serve hot with any main coarse.