|Tangy Prawn & Bottle Gourd Gravy|
- 200 gms Prawns – shells removed and cleaned
- 1/2 cup grated bottle gourd
- 1 onion
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- lemon sized tamarind ball – soaked in 1/2 cup water for 30 mins
- asofoetida – a pinch
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
To Grind :
- 10 curry leaves
- 1 tsp dried mango powder
- 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2-3 green chilies
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- Grind the above mentioned ingredients adding little water to smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan or kadhai and temper mustard seeds. Add chopped onions and fry for 2 mins.
- Add grated bottle gourd and grounded paste. Saute a while. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and prawns.
- Mix all and add tamarind squeezed water. Cook for few mins. Add asofoetida and salt to taste.
- Add 1/2 cup water and cook it covered for 10-15 mins. Garnish with chopped coriander and remove from the heat. Serve hot with rice or roti.