|Chickpeas & Radish Pulao|
- 1/2 cup white chickpeas – soaked overnight in water
- 1/4 cup grated radish
- 2 cup basmati rice – soaked in water for 10 mins
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 small tomato
- 2-3 green chilies – slit at the end
- 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp curd
- asofoetida – a pinch
- salt to taste
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 4 cloves
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 1 bay leaf
- Pressure cook chickpeas with 1 cup water for 2-3 whistles. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a handi. Tamper cloves, cinnamon, star anise, fennel seeds and bay leaf.
- Add chopped onions and green chilies. Fry for few mins. Add mint leaves and 1 tbsp chopped coriander. Saute a while.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and chopped tomatoes. Fry for few mins. Add grated radish, cooked chickpeas, turmeric powder, asofoetida and little salt to it.
- Mix well and add curd. Cook it covered for 2-5 mins. Add 4 cup water and allow to boil. Add rice and salt to taste. Mix well and cook it covered on low flame for 15 mins. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot.