|Mutter Paneer Pulao|
- 2 cup basmati rice – soaked in water for 30 mins
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese cubes (paneer)
- 1/2 cup green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 2-3 green chilies – slit at the end
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp thick curd
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp ghee
- 2 cloves
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- Heat 2tsp oil and ghee in a pressure cooker. Tamper cloves, cinnamon, star anise and fennel seeds.
- Add chopped onions, green chilies and saute a while. Add mint leaves and chopped tomatoes. Mash the pulp.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and green peas. Mix well. Add coriander powder and curd. Cook for 5 mins.
- Add vegetable broth and 11/2 cup water. Allow to boil for sometime. Add soaked and drained rice. Add salt to taste.
- Close the lid and pressure cook for 2-3 whistles. In the meantime, fry paneer cubes with 1 tsp oil in a pan till it turns golden brown.
- Once pressure settles, fluff the rice with fork and add paneer cubes to it. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot with any spicy gravy.