|Spicy Tomato Pickle – New Image|
Everyone has their own version of tomato pickle. But i always like the pickle made by my mom. This pickle can last upto 2 weeks if refrigerated. If not then can come upto two days. We used to prepare this pickle when we had to travel for 2 days in train. This is our family favorite. I am reposting this recipe with new pics. Enjoy.
- 500 gms tomatoes – fully ripen
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 3 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 100ml cooking oil
- salt to taste
- Dry Roast fenugreek seeds and cumin seeds for a while. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Grind it in mixie to coarse powder and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan and add grinded fenugreek and cumin powder. Fry it and add ginger-garlic paste. Saute a while.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Fry it for a minute and add chopped tomatoes.
- Add salt to taste. Cook it uncovered for 25-30 mins and make sure it doesn’t get deep fried.
- If necessary add 1 tsp oil in between while cooking. Cook it till the oil separates from the pickle.
- Let it cool down and store it in an airtight container. Serve it with any main coarse.