|Spicy Tomato Pickle – New Image|
Please do check our YouTube channel for the recipe videos and subscribe us if you like the recipe.
I have shared the recipe video for tomato pickle prepared using maakal chatti which sure gives different taste to the dish. The quantity of the ingredients will also vary in the video but ingredients are all same.
- 500 gms tomatoes – fully ripen
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 3 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 100ml cooking oil
- salt to taste
- Dry Roast fenugreek seeds and cumin seeds for a while. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Grind it in mixie to coarse powder and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan and add grinded fenugreek and cumin powder. Fry it and add ginger-garlic paste. Saute a while.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Fry it for a minute and add chopped tomatoes.
- Add salt to taste. Cook it uncovered for 25-30 mins and make sure it doesn’t get deep fried.
- If necessary add 1 tsp oil in between while cooking. Cook it till the oil separates from the pickle.
- Let it cool down and store it in an airtight container. Serve it with any main coarse.
Recipe Video :