- 20 Strawberry – cut into two halves (stem removed)
- 150 ml sugar (based on the sweetness of strawberry)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 2-3 cloves
- 1/4 cup water
- Wash and cut the strawberries into two halves. Mix with sugar, cinnamon and cloves in a bowl. Refrigerate it overnight to reduce cooking time.
- Next Day, heat the strawberries & sugar mixture in a pan. Add water to it and cook on low heat.
- Once it becomes pulpy, mash it with the help of spoon or paav bhaji masher. remove the cinnamon stick.
- Add lemon juice and stir it occasionally. It may take around 40 mins to reach jam like consistency. Remove from the heat and allow to cook. Store in an airtight jar and serve when needed.