|Koa Poli (Obbattu)|
For dough :
- 2 cup all purpose flour (maida)
- salt – a pinch
- turmeric powder – a pinch
- 2 tsp ghee
- 2 tsp oil
- enough water to knead
For filling :
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup sugarless khoya – wholemilk fudge
- cardamom powder – a pinch
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour (maida)
- Sieve maida and combine with salt, turmeric powder, ghee and oil in a mixing bowl. Add enough water and knead to a soft dough. Close and Keep it aside for 1 hour.
- Prepare the filling by mixing khoya, powdered sugar and cardamom powder in a bowl. Fry maida in a pan for few mins and mix with other ingredients. Mix all well and keep aside.
- Take the dough and make big lemon sized balls. Take a ball and dust with flour. Roll into thick circle. Place a spoon full of khoya mixture in the center of circle and close the edges to seal the filling in.
- Grease your palm with oil and pat the circle on a plastic sheet or on a banana leaf. Heat pan or tava and grease with oil/ghee.
- Fry poli as we do to prepare chapathi. Pour little oil around poli and cook on both the sides. Remove from the heat and serve hot.