|Peas & Bread Pulao|
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 1 or 2 bread slice – remove the sides and cut into square pieces
- 2 cup basmati rice – i have used ponni raw rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 green chilies – slit at the end
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- salt to taste
- 4 cloves
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 2 green cardamom
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- Soak the rice for 15 mins. Heat 4 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp butter in a handi or pressure cooker. Add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and fennel seeds.
- Saute a while. Add ginger-garlic paste and fry till the raw smell goes. Add chopped onions and fry for few mins.
- Add chopped tomatoes and green chilies. Mash the pulp. Add mint leaves and saute a while.
- Add green peas, turmeric powder, garam masala and little salt. Add 1/2 cup water and cook it covered for 5 mins.
- Add washed rice and salt to taste. Cook it covered on low flame for 10-15 mins. Meanwhile, fry the bread pieces in oil till it turns golden brown. Remove from the heat and drain the excess oil using absorbent tissue paper.
- Once the rice is cooked, add fried bread pieces and chopped coriander. Keep it in dum for 5 mins and serve hot with raita.