|Vazhaipazham Halwa / Banana Halwa|
- 4 Banana (any variety)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1/4 cup water
- cardamom seeds powder – a pinch
- Peel off the skin of banana and cut into round slices. Keep it aside. Heat sugar and water in a non-stick pan.
- When the sugar is completely dissolved and the syrup becomes little sticky (which may take around 2 mins), add banana slices to it.
- Mix well with the syrup and cook on medium flame. Stir it occasionally. After 5-10 mins, mash the banana using ladle or paav bhaji masher.
- Add cardamom seeds powder and little ghee to it. Stir it frequently. Add ghee little by little and when the halwa starts leaving the sides of the pan, remove from the heat. Serve hot or cold.