For Curry :
- 250 gms Chicken
- 1 tbsp almond paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 cup curd
- 1/4 cup warm milk
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- asofoetida – a pinch
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tsp saffron
Onion Paste :
- 1 tbsp clarified butter (ghee)
- 1 medium sized onion – peeled & sliced
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry onion slices till it turns golden brown. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Grind it in a mixer to smooth paste. Keep aside. Marinate chicken with turmeric powder and keep aside for 10 mins. Wash the chicken.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan or kadhai and temper mustard seeds. Add onion paste and saute a while.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and whisked curd. Saute a while. Add milk and mix well. Add chicken, red chili powder, coriander powder, asofoetida and salt to taste.
- Cook it covered for 15 mins and stir it occasionally.
- Add almond paste, saffron and 1/2 cup water. Cook it covered for 10 mins. Add chopped coriander and remove from the heat. Serve hot with any indian bread variety.