|Green tomato Chutney (Pachai Thakkali Chutney)|
- 1 cup finely chopped green tomatoes
- 1 small onion – chopped
- lemon sized tamarind ball
- 3 garlic flakes
- 2 green chilies
- 1 dry red chili
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek powder (roast and grind)
- asofeotida – a pinch
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan or kadhai. Add broken red chili and chopped green chilies. Saute a while.
- Add chopped onion and garlic flakes. Fry for few mins. Add tamarind and chopped green tomatoes.
- Cook till the moisture is absorbed. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Grind it in a mixer without adding water. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan or kadhai and temper mustard seeds.
- Add asofeotida and tomato paste. Saute a while. Add fenugreek powder and salt to taste. Mix well and cook for 2 mins. Remove from the heat and serve with rice or idli/dosa.