|Simple Veg Pulao – Pressure Cooker|
- 3 cup basmati rice – soaked in water for 30 mins
- 1/4 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped baby corn
- 1/4 cup fresh green peas
- 1/4 cup chopped potatoes
- 2 small tomatoes
- 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 green chilies – slit at the end
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 4 cloves
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 2 mace
- 1/4 tsp black cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- Cook all the vegetables in water for 10 mins. Remove from the heat and drain the water completely.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pressure cooker. Add cloves, cinnamon, mace and black cumin seeds. Saute a while.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook for a min. Add ginger-garlic paste and mint leaves. Cook for 2 mins.
- Add cooked vegetables, turmeric powder and red chili powder. Saute a while. Add 6 cup water and mix all.
- Add rice, lemon juice and salt to taste. Mix well and close the lid. Pressure cook for 3-4 whistles. Remove from the heat.
- And let it rest for 10-15 mins. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with onion raita or any veg/non-veg gravy.