|Veggies in Spinach Sauce|
Recipe Source : Popular Restaurant Gravies by Tarla Dalal
To Grind :
- 1/4 cup chopped coconut
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds – soaked in 3 tbsp warm water
- 2-3 green chilies
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
To Prepare Curry :
- 1/4 cup each of these veggies (cauliflower, carrot, green peas, potato & baby corn) – chopped and boiled
- 1 cup spinach – blanched and pureed
- 1/2 cup beaten curd
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 4-5 curry leaves
- Fry the above mentioned ingredients and keep it aside. Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan or kadhai and temper mustard seeds.
- Add chopped onions and curry leaves. Fry for 2 mins. Add veggies and ginger-garlic paste.
- Saute a while. Add spinach puree and prepared paste. Mix well with the veggies. Add curd, turmeric powder, sugar and salt to taste.
- Add 1/4 cup and cook it covered for 15 mins. Serve hot with roti or any other indian bread variety.