|Amla Pickle / Nellikai Urugai|
Recipe source : Diabetics Cookbook by Nita Mehta
- 10-12 Amla (Gooseberry / Nellikai)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek powder
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves
- Wash amla and steam cook in pressure cooker for 1 whistle. Or you can also cook for 5 mins in microwave oven.
- Allow to cool and cut the amla into two halves. Remove the seed and cut the amla into flakes.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan or kadhai. Tamper mustard seeds and fennel seeds. Add amla flakes and saute a while.
- Add fenugreek powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin powder, dried fenugreek leaves and salt to taste. Cook for 2 mins and remove from the heat.
- Allow to cool and serve immediately. Store in an airtight container and if refrigerated, it can come for 10-12 days.