|Channa SiruKeerai Poriyal (ChickPeas & Amaranthus Stir-Fry)|
- 3/4 cup white chickpeas (kabuli channa) – soaked overnight
- 1 bunch sirukeerai (amaranths) – finely chopped
- 1 medium sized onion
- 4 dry red chilies
- 3 garlic flakes
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- asofoetida – a pinch
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 5 curry leaves
- Pressure cook channa with 1 cup water for 3-4 whistles. Remove from the heat and drain the water completely.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a kadhai and temper mustard seeds. Add broken red chilies and garlic flakes. Saute a while.
- Add chopped onions and curry leaves. Fry for few mins. Add chopped keerai and 4 cup water.
- Cook it covered on low flame till the water is absorbed. Add channa, coriander powder, cumin powder, asofeotida and salt to taste.
- Mix well and cook it covered for another 10 mins. Serve hot with rice.