|Pumpkin Oats Bread with Dates (Egg-less)|
The Recipe is adapted from litebite. I have reduced the quantity. And also modified few ingredients to match our taste.
Wet Ingredients :
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup curd/yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
Dry Ingredients :
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour (maida)
- 1/4 cup chopped black dates – seedless
- 11/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Whisk curd till smooth. Add brown sugar to it and beat it again. Add puree and give a beat. Add olive oil and whisk it. Keep aside.
- Sieve wheat and maida flour. Combine oats, maida, wheat, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Mix all well.
- Add this dry mixture to the wet mixture and fold in everything. Don’t over mix. Add chopped dates in between while mixing.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C for 10 mins. Grease bread/loaf pan with little oil. Pour batter into the pan and tap it.
- Keep the pan in the middle rack and bake for 20-30 mins. Once the crust turns little brown, insert a toothpick at the center and it should come out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool for around 5 mins. Remove the bread carefully and let it rest completely on rack. Serve immediately or keep it refrigerated.