|Sirukeerai Maanga Saadam (Amaranthus & Mango Rice)|
- 1 cup chopped amaranths (sirukeerai)
- 1 cup grated raw mango
- 2 cup cooked rice
- 3-4 dry red chilies
- 2-3 garlic flakes
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp urad dhal (ultham paruppu / black gram)
- 1 tsp channa dhal (kadala paruppu / bengal gram)
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 10 curry leaves
- Cook chopped keerai and garlic flakes with water for 10-15 mins. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Drain the water and squeeze the leaves.
- Grind in a mixer for few mins. Dont add water while grinding. Keep it aside. Heat 2-3 tsp oil in a pan or kadhai. Tamper mustard seeds.
- Add black gram, bengal gram and broken red chilies. Saute a while. Add curry leaves and saute a while.
- Add grated mango and keerai. Add turmeric powder, cumin powder and salt to taste. Cook for 5 mins.
- Add cooked rice to it and mix well everything. Remove from the heat and serve it.