|Thandai – Holi Special|
Thandai is a healthy drink which is prepared during Holi festival (A festival of colors). Holi is not complete without this drink. The main ingredients are almond, sugar, milk and spices. You can either use sunflower seeds or melon seeds to prepare this drink. In my whole life, Holi is the one-most festival which i enjoyed more than diwali. The multi colors and water filled balloons are the main highlights. Enjoy this beautiful color filled holi with cool & refreshing Thandai drink.
- 2 cup boiled & chilled milk
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp pepper powder or 4-5 peppercorns
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/4 cup rose water
- 1 tsp cardamom seeds powder
- 4 tbsp sugar
- saffron strands – a few
- Soak poppy seeds in 1/4 cup water for 20 mins. Drain the water. Grind poppy seeds and sunflower seeds.
- Grind almonds to smooth paste. Mix with poppy and sunflower seeds paste. Grind fennel seeds, peppercorns, cardamom seeds powder, rose powder and sugar. Mix all the paste and keep aside.
- At the time of serving, mix this paste with chilled milk and garnish with saffron strands. Serve it immediately and enjoy its refreshing taste.