|Chocolate Beetroot Cake|
Recipe adapted from here
- 2 cup maida (all purpose flour)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 medium sized Beetroot
- 2 cup olive oil
- 11/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- Cook beetroot in water (till the veggie submerges) for 30 mins on low flame. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Peel off the skin and cut into cubes. Blend the cubes in a mixer without adding water. Keep the puree aside.
- Beat eggs till smooth and creamy. Add beetroot puree and beat it again. Add sugar and whisk till it becomes smooth.
- Add olive oil and beat again. Sieve maida, cocoa powder and baking powder. Add this to the wet mixture and fold well. Preheat oven to 190 degrees C for 10 mins.
- Take the aluminum cake pan and grease with little oil or flour. Pour the batter into the pan. Bake the cake for 30-40 mins. If we insert a toothpick at the center of the cake, it should come out clean.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the cake on cooling rack after 2 mins. Let it cool completely and serve.