|Condensed Milk Biscuits with Rose Syrup|
Recipe adapted from here. I have also added rose syrup to it.
- 2 cup all purpose flour (maida)
- 1 cup butter – softened
- 1/4 cup rose syrup
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix butter and condensed milk. Beat till smooth. Add rose syrup to it and beat it again.
- Sieve maida, baking powder and salt. Mix the butter-milkmaid-syrup combination with flour.
- Mix until combined well. Preheat oven to 170 degrees C for 10 mins. Take the baking tray and sprinkle little water. Keep a butter paper and grease it with little oil.
- Take the dough and make even shaped balls. Take a ball and press it lightly. Place the biscuits on lightly greased baking tray with at least 2″ space between them.
- Bake on the middle rack for 15-20 mins. Take out the tray and shift the biscuits to a cooling rack. Store the biscuits in an air-tight container.