|Zucchini Carrot Oats Soup|
- 2 Zucchini – round slices
- 1 medium sized carrot – chopped
- 1 tbsp oats
- 1/4 cup chopped pearl onion (sambar vengayam)
- 3 garlic flakes
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp pepper powder – according to ur need
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 4-5 cup water
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and temper mustard seeds. Add curry leaves and saute a while.
- Add chopped onions, garlic and ginger. Saute a while. Add chopped zucchini and carrot. Fry for few mins.
- Add turmeric powder, cumin powder, pepper powder chopped coriander. Saute a while.
- Add water and salt to taste. Mix well. Close the lid and cook for 2-3 whistles on low flames.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Strain the soup and blend the veggies in a mixer to smooth paste.
- Heat cooker with the soup. Add paste to it and mix well with the soup. Add oats and cook for 2-5 mins. Serve hot.