|Chicken Tikka Pizza with Homemade Pizza Sauce|
Home Baker’s Challenge group is started by Priya Suresh akka. The first Challenge of this group was Pizza with any topping. I would like to thank Divya for hosting this month’s event and also giving this wonderful challenge.
I’m loving this homemade pizza. I made thick base and used less cheese. I was in hurry and busy with packing so couldn’t concentrate much on photos.
Recipe for Pizza Sauce :
Recipe Source : Vahrehvah.com
- 4 tomatoes – blanched, skin removed and finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes – pureed
- 1 Capsicum – finely chopped
- 1/2 cup garlic
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 1 tsp dry rosemary
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Chop the capsicum and blend in a mixer. Heat olive oil in a pan or kadhai. Add garlic and saute a while. Add Capsicum paste and blanched tomatoes. Saute for a min.
- Add tomato puree, salt and sugar. Mix well. Add dry basil and rosemary. Cook for 10-15 mins till it reaches sauce like consistency and it should be easy to spread. Sprinkle pepper and remove from the heat. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.
Recipe for Chicken Tikka Pizza :
Pizza Dough : Makes 3 Pizza Bases
Recipe Source : Martha Stewart
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp active dry yeast
- 3 cup maida (all purpose flour) plus more for dusting
- semolina or coarse-grain cornmeal – for dusting
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus more for bowl
- 1 tsp salt
For Topping :
- Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 cup small onion cubes
- 1/2 cup capsicum cubes
- Chicken tikka chunks along with left out marination
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Black or Green Olives- acc to ur need
- 1/2 cup chili flakes
For Pizza Base :
- Dissolve sugar in warm water and sprinkle yeast. Stir well and close it. Keep it aside for 10 mins till it becomes frothy.
- Sieve flour and salt. Combine in a mixing bowl. Add yeast mixture and knead. Add olive oil and knead to make a smooth dough. If the dough is sticky, add little flour and knead again.
- Grease dough with little oil. Take a bowl and grease the surface with little oil. Keep the dough in bowl and cover with a kitchen towel.
- Keep the bowl in a warm place for around 2 hrs. The dough will double in size. Now punch the dough and add little flour. Knead it again for few mins. If you are not going to make pizza on the same day, then you can refrigerate the dough at this stage.
- Otherwise, keep it in the warm place for another 40-45 mins. dough would have raised again. Now punch the dough and knead again. Divide the dough into 3 equal parts. Roll the dough and start making base.
For Assembling :
- Preheat oven to 210 degree C for 15 mins. Take the baking tray and grease with aluminum foil sheet. Sprinkle little flour and semolina. Keep the dough on tray. Press it to make a round shape. If it springs back, then leave for some 10 mins and start pressing again.
- Fold the edges inside and press it lightly. Brush the edges with little olive oil. Prick the base with fork to get uniform cooking.
- Spread the pizza sauce. Then sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese. Arrange the toppings (onion, capsicum, tikka chunks) leaving little gap to not look messy.
- Now sprinkle mozzarella cheese and chili flakes. Arrange olives and sprinkle chili flakes or pepper again if needed.
- Keep the tray in middle rack and bake for 15-20 mins. The edges will turn to golden brown. You can check pizza at this stage if its cooked. Remove from the oven and cut into wedges using knife/pizza cutter. Serve hot.
- I refrigerated my dough for 2 days and used it. You can wrap the dough in plastic sheet and keep it in refrigerator. Before making pizza, keep the dough at room temp for 2 hrs and then use it.
- You can prepare chicken tikka either using oven or stove top. I have also used tikka marination as toppings. It gives little spicier taste.