For Curry :
- 250 gms chicken – washed and marinated with 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped dill leaves – optional
For Gongura Paste :
- 1 cup chopped gongura (indian red sorrel leaves)
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 2 pearl onions
- 4 garlic flakes
- 1 mace
- 1/4 cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 2 green chilies
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan or kadhai. Add mace, cloves and cinnamon. Saute a while. Add chopped pearl onion, garlic flakes and green chilies.
- Cook for 2 mins. Add mint leaves and chopped gongura. Cook till the leaves shrink. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Grind in a mixer adding 1 tbsp water. Keep it aside. Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan or kadhai. Tamper mustard seeds.
- Add chopped onion and cook for few mins. Add ginger-garlic paste and gongura paste. Saute a while.
- Add marinated chicken, cumin powder, coriander powder and salt to taste. Cook it covered for 5 mins.
- Add chopped dill and pepper powder. Add water if needed. Cook it covered on low flame for 10-15 mins till the chicken gets cooked. Serve hot with rice.