|Grilled Omelet Sandwich with Gongura Chutney|
We were not a big fan of grilled sandwich until we tasted it in a mall. My husband who is not a big fan of sandwich was impressed with its taste. We then decided to buy a Grilled Sandwich Maker so that we can try it at home.
I had leftover gongura chutney in fridge and it was lying there for more than a month. So i used this chutney as spread for sandwich and it was just yummy when combined with egg and cheese. Instead of egg, you can also try with chicken keema or paneer burji.
As i was running out of idea for what to prepare in lunch (which most of us faces everytime), i made this sandwich and had with fig lassi. Well a simple and filling lunch :)
Grilled Omelet Sandwich with Gongura Chutney
- 4 bread slices (i have used garlic bread)
- 2 Cheese Slices
- 1/4 cup Gongura Chutney
To Make a Basic Omelet : (Makes 2)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- salt to taste
To Make Omelet :
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl. Beat them till they become smooth. Add pepper and salt to it. Beat it again till smooth.
- Heat a tava or frying pan. Grease with little oil. Take a spoonful of beaten egg and pour onto tava. Pour little oil all over the edges.
- Take a bread slice and keep it over omelet when it is still wet. Now turn the omelet on other side and cook for few secs and remove from the heat. Similarly prepare the other omelet.
For making Sandwich :
- Take the omelet fried bread slice and apply 1 tbsp gongura chutney on the bread. Keep a cheese slice. Cover this another bread slice. Assemble the other sandwich bread too.
- Place them in a sandwich maker or grill sandwich maker or grill or just fry on tava. I have used Grill Sandwich Maker.
- Prepare it according to the instruction given in the manual of sandwich maker. Cut into slices and serve with any sauce.
- You can use mint chutney instead of gongura. You can also use some raw vegetables or sauted vegetables as layers.
|Fig Lassi (Anjeer Lassi)|
Anjeer Lassi (Fig Lassi)
- 3 Figs - skin removed and chopped
- 1 cup yogurt/curd
- 2 tbsp honey - according to your need
- 1/4 cup water or more as desired
- Blend chopped figs, curd and honey in a mixer or juicer till smooth. Add water to it and keep in refrigerator. Serve it chilled with ice-cubes.