|Kozhi Kuzhambu / Chicken Curry using Sambar Powder|
Yes you heard it right.. Chicken Curry using Sambar powder. This is my mom’s signature dish which i love to the core. The fresh aroma of home made sambar powder and coconut makes this curry more special. It is not necessary that a good curry can be made only by using too many masalas. Using one or two masala can also do the magic.
- 500 gms Chicken – cut and wash
- 1/2 cup onion paste (2 medium sized onion)
- 1/2 cup tomato paste (2 medium sized tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup coconut paste (1/6 cup chopped coconut)
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 3-4 tsp sambar powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 10 curry leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a handi or kadhai. Tamper mustard seeds and curry leaves. Add onion paste and saute a while.
- Add tomato paste and ginger-garlic paste. Saute a while. Add coconut paste, sambar powder and coriander powder.
- Mix everything well and cook for a min. Add washed chicken and salt to taste. Mix chicken well with the masala.
- Add 3 cup water and cook it covered on low flame for 25-30 mins. If you want it little watery, then add one more cup of water and cook.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot with rice or dosa.