|Malai Poondu Oorugai / Garlic Pickle|
Malai Poondu Oorugai / Garlic Pickle, a spicy and delicious garlic pickle which can be enjoyed with rice, roti / chapati or dosa.
- 1 cup garlic flakes (15-16 Garlic pods will give 1 cup garlic flakes) – peeled
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- asofoetida – a pinch
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2-3 tbsp oil or more – according to your need
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Tamper mustard seeds. Add garlic flakes and saute a while. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin powder, fenugreek powder and asofoetida.
- Cook on low flame for 2 mins. Add pepper powder, lemon juice and salt to taste. Add 2 tsp oil in between if it dries up.
- Cook it on low flame for 15-20 mins. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Store in an air-tight container and keep it in refrigerator. Serve with any main coarse.