|Bakery Style Sandwich|
When i was working, we used to have this sandwich in a bakery nearby our office. I always preferred either sandwich or egg puffs. But after my marriage, it has been years i tried this sandwich. So today i thought to try this simple sandwich recipe since i had to cook for myself alone. It is very filling and can be prepared in few mins. You can also add vegetables to it and serve.
- 4 slices of Bread
- 3/4 cup chopped onion slices
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan or kadhai. Tamper mustard seeds. Add chopped onions and fry for a minute. Add chopped tomatoes and mash the pulp.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala & salt to taste. Stir all the masala and cook it uncovered on low flame for 2-5 mins.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Heat a tava or frying pan. Grease with little oil/ghee. Place the bread slices and cook both the sides till it turns golden brown. Remove the slices from heat.
- Take a spoonful of onion masala and spread over one slice of bread. Cover this with another bread slice and serve.