|Egg Fried Rice|
Although egg fried rice is a simple recipe but it has a special place in my home. My husband likes Chinese foods. So we often visit Cascade Restaurant which is his favorite.
Today our lunch was Fried rice with Chicken Manchurian. Usually we dont make plain egg fried rice so i also add few vegetables along with egg.
- 11/2 cup basmati rice - soaked in water for 15 mins
- 3 eggs - scrambled
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped spring onion
- 1/2 cup capsicum - cut into thin strips ( i have used red and yellow bell peppers)
- 1/4 cup onion - cut into thin strips
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp pepper powder - according to your need
- 2 tsp soya sauce
- 2-3 tsp tomato-chili sauce
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Soak basmati rice in water for 15 mins. Cook 5-6 cup water in a vessel till it boils. Take the soaked rice and drain the water completely. Add rice to the boiling water. Add salt and 2 tsp oil. Mix well and cook it uncovered on medium flame for 10-15 mins till the rice is 90% cooked.
- Remove from the heat and drain the water completely. Spread rice on a plate and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a heavy bottomed kadai or wok. Add minced ginger and garlic. Saute a while.
- Add chopped onions and fry for few seconds. Add chopped carrot, capsicum and spring onion. Cook for 2 mins.
- Add scrambled egg and saute a while. Add soya sauce and tomato-chili sauce. Cook for few seconds.
- Add pepper powder and salt to taste. Adjust the salt since soya sauce has salt in it. Add cooked rice and stir well. Cook for 2 mins on medium flame. Check the salt and adjust it. Sprinkle chopped spring onion and serve hot with any manchurian sauce.
Check out how to use left over rice to prepare Egg Rice.