|Mango Chocolate Marble Cake (Eggless & Butter less)|
After completing our first challenge Pizza, this month’s Host Sangee selected Mango Chocolate Marble Cake for this month. She gave two versions to try with egg or without egg. This is first time in my life that i had an eggless cake and thanks Sangee for this challenge. We enjoyed this cake and forgot that it doesn’t have eggs in it. I face those Monday Blues when whatever i bake doesn’t get succeed. Last week i tried this cake and somehow it was spoiled and I’m not sure what was the reason. I didnt wanted to skip this month’s challenge so i tried it again yesterday and was praying lord that it should come out good. I asked even my husband to pray for the cake 🙂 poor hubby did that for me. Lets move on to see this month’s challenge,
Dry Ingredients :
- 1 cup maida (all purpose flour)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
Wet Ingredients :
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup mango pulp (fresh or store bought) – i have used 1 Alphonso Mango
- 1/6 cup curd/yogurt
- 4-5 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder mixed with 2 tbsp warm water
- Combine sugar and oil in a mixing bowl. Add mango pulp and mix it again. Add curd and vanilla essence. Mix everything well.
- Mix cocoa powder with 2 tbsp warm water and mix it. Keep it aside. Sieve maida, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine them in a bowl.
- Add this mixture to the wet mixture and mix well. Take 1/2 of the mango batter and mix with cocoa paste. Mix it completely.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C for 10 mins. Take a greased loaf pan/cake pan. Fill it with mango batter first. Now pour in mango cocoa batter. Using a toothpick, make swirls.
- Keep the pan in oven and bake at 180 degrees C for 50-55 mins. Check the cake if inserting a toothpick at the center. It should come out clean.
- Remove from the pan from the oven. Let it rest for 2 mins. Transfer the cake carefully to the cooling rack and let it cool down completely.
- Slice the cake and serve it immediately or keep it refrigerated.