|Oats & Rava Bread Toast|
I have this habit of collecting cookbooks of various authors but i try recipes from only one or two. Oats Recipes by Mallika Badrinath is a recent addition to my book shelf. I found this recipe really interesting and thought to give a try. For better results serve this hot and enjoy with sauce or mint chutney.
- 7-8 Bread Slices
- 1/2 cup rava / semolina / sooji
- 1 cup Oats
- 1 cup Buttermilk – as required
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- salt to taste
To Grind :
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2-3 green chilies – according to your need
- Grind grated ginger and green chilies to smooth paste. Soak rava in 3/4 cup buttermilk for 2 hours.
- Dry roast oats in pan or kadhai for few seconds and remove from the heat. Allow to cool and grind in a mixer to coarse powder. Keep it aside.
- After 2 hours, mix oats powder with soaked rava. Add remaining buttermilk, grated carrot, coriander, ginger-chili paste and salt. Mix everything well. Add little buttermilk if needed and prepare thick batter of pouring consistency.
- Heat a tava or frying pan. Apply little oil/butter on one side of bread slice and toast it. Spread oats-rava mixture as thin layer on toasted side. Now turn the other side of bread and apply little oil/ghee.
- Toast the bread slice till it turns brown on both the sides. Remove from the heat and proceed with other bread slices. Serve hot with tomato-chili sauce or mint chutney.