Kadai Paneer is a simple dish which needs less time to prepare. Using tomato-chili sauce is optional. You can instead add tomato puree. Paneer cubes are cooked in tomato based gravy with fresh ground coriander powder.
To Roast & Grind :
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 4 dry red chilies
For Masala :
- 10-15 Paneer Cubes (Cottage Cheese)
- 1 Green Capsicum – diced into cubes
- 1 medium sized onion – finely chopped
- 4 ripen tomatoes – finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1-2 tbsp tomato-chili sauce
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp kasoori methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- Dry roast coriander seeds and red chilies for few seconds. Allow to cool and grind in a mixer to coarse powder without adding water.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan or kadhai. Tamper mustard seeds. Add chopped onions and fry for a minute on low flame.
- Add chopped tomatoes and mash the pulp. Add ginger-garlic paste and saute a while.
- Add ground powder, turmeric powder and garam masala. Saute a while. Add red chili powder and tomato-chili sauce.
- Stir well. Add paneer cubes, capsicum cubes and salt to taste. Mix everything well.
- Add 3/4 cup water and kasoori methi. Cook it covered on low flame for 10 mins. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot with pulao or any indian bread variety.