|Mango Nutella Thumbprint Cookies – Eggless Cookies|
After successfully completely our two challenges, we are here once again with another challenge of this month. This month host is Viji and she gave us 4 different types of cookies to try. Each one is different and i chose only 2 cookies due to time constraint. The original challenge was Strawberry Thumbprint Cookies but since i didnt get strawberries here, i tried the cookies with this season’s king fruit, yes everyone’s favorite Mango. Viji, we totally loved this cookie and thanks for choosing this recipe. I will try the strawberries cookie once the season arrives.
Recipe is adapted from sinfullyspicy.
- 11/2 cup Maida (all purpose flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp butter – at room temp
- 7 tbsp sugar
- salt – a pinch
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp thick crushed fresh mango mix
- Nutella for filling
To Prepare Crushed Mango Mix :
- Take one fully ripen Mango and peel off the skin. Chop the pieces and crush it with 1 tbsp milk. Make sure the mix is not runny or watery.
- Sieve Maida flour, salt and baking powder. Keep it aside. Beat butter and sugar using electric blender or hand whisk.
- Add essence and mango mix to it. Whisk it again. Fold in flour mixture with the butter mixture. Knead to form dough. Grease your palm with oil and knead it. Keep the dough in refrigerator for half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C for 10 mins. Take a baking sheet and place parchment paper. Grease with little oil.
- Take out the dough from refrigerator and make small balls. Place the balls on the tray and press it lightly to flatten out.
- With the help of the back of a tea spoon make a small hole in the middle of a cookie. This hole is to fill nutella after baking.
- Bake the cookies in oven for 8-12 mins. Take out the cookies and transfer to a cooling rack. When the cookies are still hot, press again with the back of tea spoon. You can’t do this step once cookies are cooled down.
- Once cookies have cooled, fill the holes with nutella and serve it. You can also fill the holes with any fruit jam.