|Oats Mango Phirni / Mango Pudding|
Phirni is a north indian dessert prepared from milk and ground rice. Ground rice makes it thick and people serve it chilled for dinner. Instead of rice i have used rava and oats here. As i didn’t had condensed milk, i have used sugar to make phirni. Make sure to select only sweet and fully ripen mango for this dessert otherwise the milk will curdle if we dont use sweet mango.
- 1 Mango – i used Alphonso Mango
- 3 tbsp roasted semolina / rava
- 2 tbsp roasted oats
- 1 ltr Boiled Milk
- sugar – according to your need
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- Blend mango pieces and keep aside. Mix roasted oats & semolina in a bowl. Add 1/2 cup milk and prepare paste. Keep it aside for 20 mins.
- Boil remaining milk in a pan. Once it starts boiling, keep it stirring till the milk reduces in volume. Add oats-rava paste and stir it frequently to avoid any lumps.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar and stir well. Add mango puree and cardamom powder. Stir well everything and cook for a minute.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Keep it in refrigerator and serve chilled.