|Oats Rava Idli|
I dont prepare idli / dosa for morning breakfast. Mostly it would be either sandwich or any instant recipe. We like idli with vadakari or mutton curry. I have adapted this recipe from Mallika Badrinath’s Book. Dont use water to prepare this batter, add more curd if necessary. Carrot is optional here. You can use any vegetable of your choice. But just make sure to serve this hot for better taste.
- 3/4 cup roasted oats
- 3/4 cup roasted rava/semolina
- 11/2 cup sour curd/yogurt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 tbsp finely chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal (black gram)
- 1 tsp channa dal (bengal gram)
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- Mix roasted rava and oats in a mixing bowl. Add enough curd to it and mix well. Add salt and keep aside for 20 mins.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan or kadhai. Tamper mustard seeds. Add chopped onions and green chilies. Saute a while. Add chopped carrots and little salt.
- Fry for 2 mins on low flame. Remove from the heat and pour over soaked rava-oats mixture.
- Add baking soda and chopped coriander. Add more curd if needed and prepare a batter of pouring consistency.
- Pour the batter in greased idli plates and steam-cook for 10 mins on medium flame. Serve it hot with chutney, sambar or vadakari. For better results serve it hot.
For Vadakari, Check the recipe here.