|Peach Kesari / Halwa (Semolina & Peach Pudding)|
We had Naan, Andhra Chicken Pulao, Chicken Tikka Masala, Tandoori Chicken, Green Chutney, Aloo Jamun with Green Apple & Passion Fruit Soda. And for cake cutting, i made a simple chocolate and tutti frutti cake.
Recently i bought half a kg peaches from Star Bazaar and was thinking what to do with it. As I'm fond of indian desserts, i tried kesari with peaches. You need to adjust the amount of sugar as i have added less sugar.
- 2-3 Peaches - finely chopped
- 3/4 cup roasted semolina / rava
- 1/2 cup sugar - according to your taste
- 2-3 tbsp ghee / clarified butter
- nuts for garnish
- 2 cup water
- Blend finely chopped peaches in a mixer or juicer to smooth puree. Keep it aside. Heat water in a vessel on medium flame and once it starts boiling add semolina to it. Stir it frequently to avoid any lumps.
- Keep stirring. Once water is absorbed, add sugar to it and keep stirring. Add peaches puree and stir well. Meanwhile roast nuts in ghee.
- Once water is completely absorbed, add roasted nuts along with ghee. Stir well everything and add more ghee if needed. Remove from the heat and serve hot.