|Bajra Roti aur Lahsun ki Chutney (Pearl Millet Flatbread with Garlic Chutney)|
Bajra (Pearl Millet) is very popular in Rajasthan. But it is consumed in almost all the states of India. The roti will be crispy and goes well with onion and lahsun chutney. It can also be consumed with kadhi or veg/non-veg curry. I have referred Tarla Dalal’s website for the recipe of Lahsun Chutney. It will be little spicy so adjust the amount of chili powder according to your taste.
Bajra Roti (Pearl Millet FlatBread)
(Makes 4 Roti)
- 1 cup Bajra Flour (Pearl Millet / Kambu Maavu)
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 2 tbsp kasoori methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
- salt to taste
- warm water – to knead
- Sieve bajra, wheat and salt. Combine flour and kasoori methi in a mixing bowl. Add water little by little and knead to smooth dough.
- If you add more water then dough will become sticky. Just add little water to form dough. Keep it aside for 10 mins.
- Heat a tava or frying pan on medium flame. Divide dough into 4 equal balls. Take a greased plastic sheet or banana leaf. Flatten each balls using your fingers to form a thick disc. I have made little thin disc.
- Place roti on tava and fry till both the sides turn golden brown. You can also apply little oil/ghee over roti. Remove from the heat and serve hot with garlic chutney and onion.