|Beetroot Cookies (Eggless & Butter-less)|
When i dont have mood to cook something, then baking goodies relaxes me. I’m sure most of you would be facing the same situation. Today i had only curd rice which happens only on lazy days. But for the sake of blogging, i wanted to try something different. I had few left over beets so thought to try cookies with it. I had already shared Chocolate Beetroot Cake. Check out Beet Cookies which turned out too crispy.
(Makes 10 cookies)
- 3/4 cup maida (all purpose flour)
- 1/4 cup semolina (rava / sooji)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- salt – a pinch
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp beetroot puree (boil 1 medium sized beetroot in water for 10 mins and grind it in a mixer)
- 2 tbsp olive oil or canola oil
- Prepare beetroot puree and keep it aside. Combine brown sugar and essence in a mixing bowl.
- Add puree to it and whisk it using hand blender or hand whisk. Add oil to it and beat it again.
- Sieve maida, salt and baking powder. Combine semolina with dry ingredients. Add wet mixture to this and knead to smooth dough.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C for 10 mins. Take a baking sheet and place parchment paper. Grease with little oil.
- Take the dough and divide into small balls. Place balls on the sheet leaving little gap between each other.
- Press the balls lightly and with the help of a fork, press them in a criss cross pattern.
- Keep the tray in oven and bake for 18-22 mins. Remove the cookies from oven and transfer to a cooling rack. Serve it after cooling or store in an airtight container.