|Brown Rice Paniyaram|
First of all i would like to thank all my blogger friends and readers for their wishes on my birthday. Yesterday i enjoyed my day and did lot of shopping 🙂 Now coming to today’s recipe, i made these cute paniyaram last weekend and enjoyed to the core. I used ghee for frying and for better results serve it hot.
- 1 cup brown rice – soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup urad dal (ultham paruppu / black gram) – soaked overnight
- 2 tbsp maida (all purpose flour)
- 3/4 cup grated jaggery
- 1 tsp cardamom seeds powder
- ghee / oil – for frying
- Soak brown rice and urad dal overnight in water. Next day, drain the water completely and grind in a mixer or grinder adding enough water to make smooth paste.
- Blend jaggery in a mixer without adding water. Mix it with ground rice batter. Add maida and cardamom powder.
- Mix well everything and prepare batter of idli consistency. Add water if needed. Keep it aside for 10 mins.
- Heat paniyaram pan and grease with ghee / oil. Pour a spoonful of batter in all the cups of pan.
- Fry the paniyaram evenly on both the sides by rotating with the help of a needle like wooden stick. Serve hot.