|Paneer Cigar Rolls|
I had already posted Chicken Cigar Rolls which was specially made to celebrate Divya’s b’day. I had few left over paneer so i tried the same cigar/mini rolls recipe with paneer. I have made few changes for the filling and tried it. You can also add any vegetables of your choice. We can also add cheese but since my husband doesn’t like cheese i have avoided it.
For Paneer filling :
- 3/4 cup scrambled paneer
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp finely chopped carrot
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2-3 tbsp finely chopped coriander
For Rolls :
- 1 cup maida (all purpose flour)
- 1 tbsp onion seeds (kalonji) – optional
- salt to taste
- water for kneading
For Maida Paste :
- 3-4 tbsp maida
- enough water to make paste
- little salt
To Prepare Dough :
- Sieve maida and salt. Combine in a mixing bowl. Add onion seeds and water. Knead to a smooth dough as we do to prepare poori or chapati. Close and keep aside for 30 mins.
To Prepare Paste :
- Combine maida and salt in a bowl. Add water little by little to make a sticky paste. Keep it aside.
To Prepare Paneer Filling :
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan or kadai. Tamper mustard seeds. Add chopped onion, ginger and garlic. Saute a while and add copped carrots.
- Fry for a min. Add scrambled paneer, turmeric powder and red chili powder. Saute a while.
- Add chaat masala, garam masala and salt to taste. Cook on low flame till all the moisture is absorbed. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
To Make Paneer Cigar/Mini Rolls :
- Take the prepared dough and divide into equal shaped balls. Take a ball and dust with little flour. Roll it using rolling pin. Make sure it is not too thin or too thick.
- Now cut them into small rectangles using knife. Take the sheets and keep aside. And use the remaining left over dough to prepare sheets again. I made 7-8 sheets.
- Take a sheet and place little paneer mixture at one end of sheet and start rolling it. On the other end of sheet, spread little maida paste and then seal the roll.
- Seal all the ends of the roll with the prepared maida paste. Proceed with the other sheets to prepare rolls.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed kadai or pan and deep fry the rolls till it turns golden brown on all the sides. Remove from the oil and drain the excess oil using tissue paper. Serve hot with tomato-chili sauce.