|Urad dal & Peanut Ladoo|
Last time when i went to visit my in-laws, they gave me at-least 2-3 kgs of peanuts. To finish it off soon, I’m using it to prepare sweets, chutney and butter. Urad dal ladoo is a famous south indian sweet which is made of urad dal, ghee and sugar/jaggery. I have also added roasted peanuts to it.
The whole process is very easy and requires less time. The roasted peanuts gives a nice flavor and makes this ladoo more delicious. Instead of jaggery, you can also use powdered sugar and increase the quantity of ghee accordingly. Lets check on the recipe,
- 1 cup urad dal (ultham paruppu / black gram)
- 1 cup roasted peanuts – without skin
- 1 cup grated jaggery
- 1 tsp cardamom seeds powder
- 2 tbsp melted ghee / clarified butter – optional
- Heat a non stick pan or kadhai and roast urad dal for 4-5 mins on low flame till it turns golden brown. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Grind it in a mixer to fine powder and sieve the flour. Keep it aside. Grind roasted peanuts in a mixer for a pulse.
- Now add urad dal flour to it and grind it again for 2-3 pulses. Add cardamom seeds powder and grated jaggery.
- Grind it for 4-5 pulses and transfer the ladoo mixture to a plate or bowl. If you want to use ghee, then add melted ghee to this and make small balls.
- Otherwise without using ghee also you can make small balls but it would be little dry. Store ladoo in an air-tight container and serve when needed.