|Achari Murg Tikka / Achari Chicken Tikka|
Past 2 days, i was quite busy with Vinayaga Chaturthi celebrations. Thank god i had few post to be shared in draft. In coming days, I’ll be sharing those. My blog is been missing with non-veg recipes which are my most favorite. So today i thought of to share an interesting chicken tikka recipe. I had already shared Chicken Tikka & Masala Recipes.
My recent obsession is to try with pickling spices. I referred Achari Paneer Tikka recipe from tarla dalal’s cookbook and tried with chicken.
Chicken Pieces are marinated with curd and pickling spices. And they are cooked either using grill or tava. The best chutney to accompany with tikka would be mint-coriander chutney. Recently i had achari chicken tikka in a punjabi dhaba where i fell in love with this recipe. Lets check the recipe,
To Marinate :
- 250 gms Chicken B/L – cut & washed
- 3/4 cup curd / yogurt
- 1 tbsp green chili pickle – any brand
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds (vendayam / methi dana)
- 1/4 tsp onion seeds (kalonji)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp mustard oil
- Blend curd, ginger-garlic paste and green chili pickle till smooth. Grind mustard seeds, kalonji, saunf, fenugreek seeds and cumin seeds to coarse powder.
- Blend coarse powder, curd paste, turmeric powder and red chili powder together till smooth.
- Transfer it to a mixing bowl. Add salt and mustard oil to it. Mix well and marinate chicken with this paste. Close the bowl and keep in refrigerator for 2-3 hrs or overnight. I always prefer to marinate it overnight.
- Remove the bowl from refrigerator and keep aside for 20 mins. You can fry chicken pieces on tava / frying pan till golden brown.
- If you are using oven, then Preheat oven to 220 degrees C in grill mode for 10 mins. Take a baking sheet and place aluminum foil sheet. Grease with little oil and place the marinated chicken pieces over the sheet. You can also use skewer and insert the pieces.
- Grill the pieces for 10 mins. Turn over the pieces and grill for another 10 mins. Remove from the oven and serve hot with mint-coriander chutney.