|Rajma & Sago Fritters|
Rajma & Sago Fritters are crispy and has chatpata taste. For a more healthier option, you can bake this fritters in oven. I made round shapes of fritters but you can make any shape of your choice. I'm sure kids would love this healthy fritters. You can also add chopped carrots or mashed potatoes. Lets check the recipe,
- 1 cup Rajma (red kidney beans) - soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup Nylon Sago (javvarisi / sabu dana) - washed & soaked overnight or for 4-5 hours
- 2-3 tbsp maida (all purpose flour)
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1 medium sized onion - finely chopped
- 2 green chilies - finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mint leaves
- 1/4 cup finely chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1-2 tbsp chaat masala - optional
- salt to taste
- oil - for frying
- Pressure cook rajma with 2 cup water for 4-5 whistles. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Drain the water completely and grind cooked rajma in a mixer to coarse paste. Dont add water while grinding. Keep it aside.
- Since the sago variety which i used were still dry even after soaking overnight, i cooked sago in enough water for 2 mins. Drain the water completely and keep it aside.
- Combine rajma paste, cooked sago, chopped onions, green chilies, ginger-garlic paste, chaat masala, rice flour, maida and salt in a mixing bowl. Sprinkle little water and mix everything well. Keep it aside for 5-10 mins.
- Heat oil in a kadai or frying pan. Make small balls of the prepared mixture. Deep fry the balls till it turns golden brown and crispy.
- Cook on low-medium flame so that the inner part gets cooked well. Remove from the heat and drain the excess oil using tissue paper. Serve hot with tomato-chili sauce or any chutney of your choice.