|Oats & Dates Cookies – Eggless|
I always wanted to bake oats cookies as these are one of my fav. Whenever i go to any supermarket, I’ll look for oats or ragi cookies. I checked this site for oats cookies and bookmarked it long back. Finally i decided to give a try. These cookies are chewy and crunchy. You can also add dry ginger powder or sunflower/pumpkin seeds.
In the original recipe, they have mentioned 20 mins for baking, but my oven didn’t take much time and cookies were done in 13-15 mins. So adjust the time according to your oven performance. You can skip oil and milk & add 1/4 cup of butter.
- 1/4 cup wheat flour
- 3/4 cup instant oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder – optional
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup minced dates
- 1 tbsp olive / canola oil
- 2 tbsp milk
- Sieve wheat flour and combine with oats, cinnamon powder and brown sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add minced dates to it and mix everything well with your fingers. It will look like crumble mixture.
- Add milk and oil to it. Make a dough and keep aside. Preheat oven to 190 degrees C for 10 mins. Take your baking sheet and grease with little oil. Place parchment paper and keep it aside.
- Take the dough and make small balls of the dough. Press it lightly between your palms or flatten it using spoon.
- Place each cookie with at least 2″ distance between them. Bake for 8-10 mins and then remove the sheet. Turn the cookie to other side and again bake for 8-10 mins.
- Take the sheet out of oven and keep it aside. Let it cool for 2 mins and transfer the cookies to a cooling rack. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.