|Soya Chunks Kurma / Salna|
Soya Chunks Kurma / Salna is mild spicy and full of flavors. The soya chunks and potato cubes are cooked with ground masala powder and coconut milk. You can also add carrot and any other vegetable of your choice to this curry. This curry goes well with rice and roti.
- 10-12 Soya Chunks (soaked in hot water for 20 mins)
- 2 medium sized Potato - diced into cubes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 green chili - slit at the end
- 4 dry red chilies
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- asofoetida - a pinch
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 4 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp pottu kadalai (Roasted Gram)
- Soak soya chunks in hot water for 20 mins. Squeeze out the water from chunks and keep it aside.
- Grind all the above mentioned ingredients to smooth powder and keep it aside. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pressure cooker.
- Tamper mustard seeds, cloves, cinnamon and curry leaves. Add chopped onions and green chili. Fry for a min.
- Add chopped tomatoes and ginger-garlic paste. Mash the pulp and cook for a min.
- Add turmeric powder, cumin powder and asofoetida. Saute a while. Add soya chunks, potato cubes, ground powder and salt to taste. Mix well everything.
- Add coconut milk and 1-2 cup water. Close the lid and pressure cook for 2-3 whistles.
- Remove from the heat and let the pressure settle down. Open the lid and garnish the curry with chopped coriander. Serve with rice, roti or parotta.