|Caraway Cottage Cheese Biscotti (Shahjeera & Paneer Biscotti)|
Biscotti are twice baked cookies. Try out this Paneer Biscotti filled with the aroma of Caraway Seeds (shah-jeera). This month’s host is Priya Suresh sis. And the recipe for this month’s challenge was Biscotti (Sweet & Savory Versions). I never tried biscotti before, so i was all excited to try this recipe. In the original recipe, they have used Cheddar Cheese as main ingredient. As i didnt had cheddar cheese in my pantry, i tried this biscotti with Cottage Cheese. I made thick logs and was not happy with its appearance, but the taste was awesome. Recipe is adapted from here
- 1 cup crumbled paneer (cottage cheese) – homemade or store-bought
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour (maida), plus 2 tbsp
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds (shah-jeera / black cumin seeds)
- Beat eggs till smooth. Add crumbled paneer to it and beat it again till well combined.
- Sieve maida flour, baking powder and salt. Add this to the egg-paneer mixture. Add Parmesan cheese and caraway seeds.
- Combine everything well and knead to a firm dough. Turn out onto a slightly floured surface and knead 3-4 times and the dough is coated with flour.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C for 10 mins. Transfer dough to a parchment lined baking sheet and form into a long rectangle/log, about 8″ long and 4-6″ wide (depending on how short and
fat or long and skinny you want your biscotti to be) and flatten gently with your hands.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the log is firm. Let cool about 10 minutes, then cut into 1/2″ slices using serrated knife in up and down motion.
- Arrange again on the baking sheet, then bake for 20-25 mins. Flip and bake again for another 15-20 minutes or until biscotti are slightly golden. Let cool completely before serving or packaging.