|Cauliflower Masala Pulao - Easy Lunch Box Recipes|
Masala Pulao is an easy recipe which can be prepared for lunch box. You can prepare it either with left over rice or simply prepare this pulao in a pressure cooker by combining rice, vegetables, masala and water. Last weekend my dad got a big cauliflower for me as i'm a big fan of this beautie :) With half of the portion i prepared Achaari gobi and with an other half tried this masala pulao. Lets check this easy version of Cauliflower Masala Pulao,
Serves : 2-3
Preparation time : 10 mins
Cooking time : 20-25 mins
- 2 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 medium sized potato - cut into thin slices
- 1 medium sized carrot - finely chopped
- 2 medium sized onions - finely chopped
- 1 large tomato - finely chopped
- 1 green chilies - slit at the end
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp chicken masala powder (or) garam masala (or) paav bhaji masala
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 5-8 curry leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan or kadhai. Fry sliced potatoes and cauliflower florets till it turns light brown. Remove from the heat and keep aside.
- Temper mustard seeds and curry leaves in the same oil. Add chopped onions and green chili. Fry for a min on low-medium flame.
- Add chopped tomatoes and mint leaves. Saute a while. Add ginger-garlic paste, chopped carrots, fried potatoes & cauliflower florets. Stir well everything and let it cook for a min.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and chicken masala powder. Mix well everything and add salt & 1/4 cup water. Cook it covered on low flame for 5-8 mins.
- Add cooked rice and chopped coriander. Mix rice with the masala and let it cook for 2 mins on low flame. Remove from the heat and serve hot with onion raita.
- You can use any combination of vegetables to prepare this pulao like broccoli, beans & green peas.
- If you want to skip chicken powder, then try adding paav bhaji masala or garam masala.