|Egg-less Orange & Tutti Frutti Bread / Fruit Bun|
Orange Tutti Frutti Bread is filled with the aroma of fresh orange, and pearl like tutti frutti makes it look more beautiful. You can try this bread even without adding orange juice. But believe me, the orange flavor is what makes it more interesting. I have referred my White Bread & Dilkush Bun recipes to get the measurement. Lets move on to the recipe,
Makes 1 Loaf & 1 Bun
Preparation time : 20 mins
Time taken by dough to rise : 1 and 1/2 hour (for first rise)
30 mins (for second rise )
Baking temp : 180 degree C
Baking time : 30 mins
- 1 and 1/2 cup maida (all purpose flour), plus 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 2 tsp yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil / canola oil / vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup tutti frutti
- Take lukewarm water and mix sugar. Make sure it is dissolved completely. Add yeast and stir it. Close it and keep aside for 10 mins till it becomes frothy.
- Combine tutti frutti, orange zest and 1 tbsp flour. Make sure fruit is coated well with flour.
- Meanwhile sieve maida, wheat flour
and salt. Combine in a mixing bowl. Add flour coated tutti frutti and orange zest. Add oil to it & Mix well.
Add frothy yeast, orange juice and mix with the wooden spoon.
The dough will be sticky. So now use hands and knead it for 5-10 mins. Add little flour and knead to a smooth dough. Grease it with little oil.
- Take a bowl and grease with little oil. Now keep the dough in bowl and cover it with a neat kitchen towel.
- Keep it in a warm place for 1-2 hours (or you can preheat oven for 2 mins and keep the bowl inside). The dough will double up in size. Punch the dough down and knead until smooth. Grease the loaf pan. Shape the loaf and keep in greased pan. I made one loaf and one bun.
- Cover it and keep in a warm place for 30-45 mins until it rises. Preheat oven to 180 degree C for 10 mins in Bake Mode.
- Keep the Loaf pan in middle rack and bake for 25-30 mins. Once done, take out the pan. And transfer the loaf & bun on a cooling rack. Let it rest for 15-20 mins. If you feel the upper part of the bread is little tough, then you can brush little oil too. It is optional.
- Use orange juice immediately as it may turn bitter. I have used Nagpur Orange variety. Remove it seeds and Extract the juice.