Grilled Carrot & Green Peas Sandwich, today i’m sharing an interesting and easy Sandwich Recipe using Sandwich Masala Powder. Though i got this idea from a cookbook but changed few ingredients according to my taste. You can also use chaat masala instead of masala powder.
Grilled Carrot & Green Peas Sandwich
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Snacks
- 4 bread slices (i have used whole wheat bread)
- ¼ cup grated carrot
- ¼ cup fresh green peas (or) frozen peas
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup grated paneer / cottage cheese
- Sandwich Masala Powder / Chaat Masala – to sprinkle
- 2 Cheese slices – optional
- Ghee (or) Butter – optional
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Grilled Carrot Peas Sandwich
- Heat 1-2 tsp oil in a pan or kadhai. Fry grated carrot and fresh peas. Add salt to taste and cook for 2 mins on low flame. Remove from the heat and keep aside.
- Take a bread slice and spread little ghee / butter on one side. Spread 1 or 2 tbsp of carrot-peas mixture. Spread another layer of grated cottage cheese.
- Sprinkle sandwich masala powder (or) chaat masala. Keep a cheese slice. Cover this with another bread slice. Assemble the other sandwich bread too.
- Place them in a sandwich maker or grill sandwich maker or grill or just fry on tava. I have used Grill Sandwich Maker. Prepare it according to the instruction given in the manual of sandwich maker. Cut into slices and serve.
- I have used fresh green peas here. If you want to use frozen peas, then keep it at room temp. Boil green peas and use it.
- In the original recipe, they have boiled carrot and peas. I have fried them and used as filling.
- You can also use mint chutney or gongura chutney as spread.