|Jam Bread Rolls (with Sandwich Masala Powder)|
When i prepared Amla Jam, i badly wanted to try Swiss Roll and even tried at home. But somewhere i went wrong with the measurements and my cake didnt rise well. It was like flat indian bread and i had to throw it off. I really hate to waste food. To overcome that disaster, i made up my mind to try Jam Bread Roll. I made this Roll two days back and was fully satisfied with the result. I have used Sandwich Masala Powder which when combined with amla jam gives khatta meetha taste. You can serve this roll as evening snacks or even for breakfast. Lets check the recipe,
- 1 cup flour (1/2 cup all-purpose flour and 1/2 cup wheat flour)
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1 tbsp brown sugar (or sugar or honey or jaggery)
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil / canola oil / vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp Sandwich Masala Powder
- Any Fruit Jam or Mixed Fruit Jam (i have used Amla / Gooseberry Jam) – to spread
- Take lukewarm water and mix brown sugar. Make sure it is dissolved completely. Add yeast and stir it. Close it and keep aside for 10 mins till it becomes frothy.
- Meanwhile sieve maida, wheat flour and salt. Combine in a mixing bowl. Add sandwich powder and oil to flour mixture & Mix well.
- Add frothy yeast and mix with the wooden spoon. The dough will be sticky. So now use hands and knead it for 5-10 mins. Add little flour and knead to a smooth dough. Grease it with little oil.
- Take a bowl and grease with little oil. Now keep the dough in bowl and cover it with a neat kitchen towel.
- Keep it in a warm place for 2 hours (or you can preheat oven for 2 mins and keep the bowl inside). The dough will double up in size.
- Grease the loaf pan and keep aside. On a floored surface, punch down the dough and with the help of a roller pin, roll the dough flat to make rectangular shape of 1 and 1/2 inch thickness.
- Now spread 1 or 2 tbsp of jam leaving little space around the four edges. Start rolling the dough carefully from the longer side. Pinch the seam together and pinch the ends together.
- Cover it and keep in a warm place for 30-45 mins until it rises. Preheat oven to 180 degree C for 10 mins in Bake Mode.
- Keep the Loaf pan in middle rack and bake for 30-35 mins. Once done, take out the pan. And transfer the loaf on a cooling rack. Let it rest for 15-20 mins.
- Cut into slices using serrated knife and serve immediately. Or you can keep it in refrigerator to serve later.
- You can use Peanut Butter, Nutella or even spicy chutney as spread.
- Sandwich Masala Powder is optional. You can replace it with Chaat Masala.
- I have used both maida and wheat flours. You can use any combination of your choice.