|Oats & Broken Wheat Pongal - Easy Breakfast Recipes|
Today i'm sharing an easy breakfast recipe which can be prepared in less than 15 mins. I have used pressure cooker to cook, which makes my work more easy. Lets check the recipe,
Serves : 3-4
Overall time : 10-15 mins
- 1/2 cup Oats
- 1/2 cup Daliya (Bulgar / Broken Wheat / Godhumai Rava)
- 1/6 cup Siru Paruppu (split yellow gram / moong dal)
- 3 cup water
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger - optional
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 5-6 curry leaves
- Wash moong dal and drain the water completely. Combine oats, dalia, pepper powder, salt and water in a pressure cooker.
- Close the lid and pressure cook for 3 whistles. Remove from the heat and allow the pressure to settle. Meanwhile, temper mustard seeds and curry leaves in 2 tsp oil (or) ghee.
- Add this to pongal and mix well the round ladle which makes it easy to mash pongal. Garnish with roasted cashews if want to use and serve hot with chutney, sambar or mezhagu kuzhambu (this one is my fav combo).
- You can use whole peppercorn but kids always throw it off. Instead you can try adding pepper powder which dissolves well with pongal.